Sunday, November 18, 2012

DIY: Mugstache

     To break the ice as I start off this blog, I decided to do some DIY gifts before Christmas. The first of them being a gift for my younger brother, which revolves around what probably is the most notoriously funny, classy, and diverse fashion statement in history- the mustache.

     Now that I've written that- I HAVE to know, how and when did mustaches become so popular? I found out more than I expected researching, but to give you a start the first 'stache to be recorded was on Pazyryk, a Russian artifact that dates back to around 300 BC portraying a nomad on a horse with a long, twisted mustache.
    
     Now to the actual DIY:
Materials:
  • Porcelain Dish
  • Sharpie 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Outline drawing or message with a pencil (optional)
  3. Use the sharpie to draw or write on the dish.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes.
That's it! Cheap too, I got that mug from the dollar store! Please tell me how it worked out for you in the comments section, I'd really appreciate your feedback:)

No comments:

Post a Comment